Friday, December 23, 2011

But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

Today, my family has finished wrapping and putting all their presents under the tree, and, well, just look:

That's a lot of presents!

Everyone kept saying in January that this was supposed to be the "hard year" and all. Doesn't look like much of a hard year to me. I'm still in shock of the amount of presents under that tree and I really just want to use this post to tell everyone that I am very grateful for the past year. So many (good) things have happened and I'm just really thankful for that, I guess!
  1. I spent the New Year at the Philippines, in my home country. To say that it was amazing would be an understatement. I spent it the true Filipino way. You know, with Christmas firecrackers blowing up an inch or two from my face. I had a great time with all my family and I saw my brother again! And the food, oh, the food!
  2. The past school year had been pleasant. Of course, it wasn't perfect, but it was a comfortable year.  Also, I was really happy with all my results! Fingers crossed it would be the same this year!
  3. I guess I could say that the highlight of my year had been the summer.My cousins finally came over from the Philippines and we has so. much. fun. It has just been such a pleasure spending those 3 or so months with them! We ate quite a lot of midnight snacks, we went places, we laughed and all. I also read so many books over the summer!
  4. Two words: my birthday. My parents threw a birthday party for me as a gift and they let me invite my classmates and friends! It was the first time I myself threw a party in Ireland and as much as I don't really like socializing with people, it was fun being the host for once! It was definitely tiring, but it was also such an experience!
  5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I know I've only been a fan for a little over a year but better late than never, I say! It was a really, really good end to a really, really good series. I cried. A lot.
  6. I have started posting a couple of videos on Youtube! Granted, I posted 2 videos in 6 months and one of them is for school but that's such a milestone for me!
  7. Halloween was amazing! I dressed up as a Death Eater. It was pretty darn cool.
Those are just 7 of the many things I'm grateful for! I'm really excited for Christmas (I'd post stuff about my gifts!) and New Year. 
I wish everyone a lovely Christmas Eve. 

-Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment