Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of December Purchases

Hello all of you! I know it's a bit late but here are the things I bought in December:


A copy of a Vincent Van Gogh painting:


I got this one from the Quinn Charity Shop in town. Ever since the amazing (and one of my all-time favorites!) Doctor Who episode "Vincent and the Doctor," I have been quite fascinated with Vincent Van Gogh and his works. This one is called "Cafe Terace on the Place du Forum, Arles, at Night" and was completed in 1888.This is also the painting Amy Pond and the Doctor based on to find where Vincent Van Gogh is. I know that it's just a copy but it's so beautiful, it's hard to believe I only got it for 10 euros.

"River Song" belt:


This belt looks like something River Song -or any fantasy novel female protagonists- would wear. It's old leather with gold buckles and it's a bit worn (just how I like it!) I got it from The St. Vincent de Paul charity shop.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte:


I also got this from The SVDP charity shop. It's a Penguin copy of the Charlotte Bronte book "Jane Eyre." I know I probably wouldn't read this soon (me and classic novels just don't mix) but since we read a poem by her sister, Anne, in my English class, I have been interested on how the Brontes lived their lives. After a bit of poking around in Wikipedia I've learned that they had their own fantasy worlds. Jane and her brother, Branwell, had Angria and Emily and Anne had Gondal. Like To Kill a Mockingbird's Scout and Jem, I find that these children have amazing imaginations and that just fascinates me. Sure, I played with dolls and doll houses when I was younger but I have never encountered children in real life who created their own worlds. 

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte:


Another one from SVDP Charity Shop (I swear, that shop has the best books), this is a Penguin copy of "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte. I tried reading this a couple of years ago but for some reason I just stopped, like I do with every single classic novel I've read (well, except for The Catcher in the Rye, Alice and Wonderland, and Little Women). Like Jane Eyre I probably won't read this one for years but it's nice to have my own copy.

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey:


This is another book from, you guessed it, SVDP charity shop. I have heard good things about this book in Tumblr and Goodreads but I never really had the chance to buy it. I don't know what it's about either. I'm really excited to read this one because when I looked to see what it's about, the one thing that struck me most is the way it's written. It's quite different from other books. I also found out that this is an autobiography. Double win.

Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier:


From Quinn's Charity Shop, this is the "Girl with a Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier. A few of my friends have read this one and they highly recommended it so I quickly snagged the copy when I saw it in the shelf.

Room by Emma Donoghue:


I don't know what this one's about either but I heard good things about in Goodreads and Tumblr and it's very popular, so I went ahead and got it. It's "Room" by Emma Donoghue and I got it from Quinn's Charity Shop.

Shirt from Next:



I got this cute little shirt at Next. As soon as I saw that it was my size I didn't even think twice of buying it. I love its colour, and I'm a sucker for peter pan collars. And it has buttons. I mean, come on, what else can you ask for?

Camera Bag from Penney's:


I've been meaning to buy this bag for a long, long while now but it was only this month that I got enough gold to purchase it with. It's a camera bag from Penney's and I like it because of the colour combination that just screams vintage and the amount of space this bag has. 

Vanilla Ginger Lipbalm from H&M:


I don't need another lipbalm, but this one's too pretty to resist! It smells so good, too. I just love looking at it because it's so lady-like and it reminds me of summer. I love this one so much.

That's all of it! Well, almost. My parents got me a new camera for Christmas! It's got lens and everything! I'd show it to you guys as soon as I get a proper photo of it, but I'm really excited! I don't know what I'd name it, though. Suggestions?

I hope you guys are having a fantastic start of the year. I've got a few unfinished schoolwork that I really have to do so I'll see you guys later.

Bye!
-Danielle.





No comments:

Post a Comment