Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Quite a lot of people don't like making them. They say that they don't follow it anyway, so why bother? But I like making New Year's Resolutions not because I know that I would follow each and every single one of them, but because it makes me look forward to an organized, perfect, beautiful year. Even if I know that it most likely will not exist. It's like that Looking for Alaska quote, "You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” I know that's not ideal, keeping New Year's Resolutions but... it kinda feels good. Anyway, that's just me.

New Year's Resolution #1: Try and buy stuff from the Internet.

My parents don't like buying stuff from the Internet and I don't either because it's really not my idea of shopping. I like to be able to look at the stuff I'm thinking of buying in person instead of looking at it from a screen. But, having said that, there are a lot of cool things on the internet! Here's some of my favorites:


New Year's Resolution #2: Blog more often.

This year I have blogged less, and I admit that it's not because I'm busy. I have ideas in my head that I can't put down on paper, and some days I don't even try. Another reason is because I have ideas that some of the readers might not like. I know that I shouldn't care what others think because this is my blog and I could put  whatever the hell I want in it, but I do care. So one of my New Year's Resolution this year is to not care...? Eloquence. I don't have it. :D

New Year's Resolution #3: Try.

I'm doing my Junior Cert this year and part of the journey is to revise. I really, really, really hate revising. I just find it... hard. But this year, I promise I will try. 

New Year's Resolution #4: Stop comparing my work/clothes/self to somebody else.

I have gotten into the habit of comparing everything I own -my hair, my clothes, my blog, my marks, my shoes- to somebody else and really, it's getting kind of tedious. 

New Year's Resolution #5: Read The Lord of the Rings series and The Hobbit.

I have been trying to read this series since June. When I read these books I enjoy it but then after a while, I just stop reading for some reason. 

New Year's Resolution #6: Keep Promises.

I'm really, really bad at promises. And I have hurt a few people because of the damned things. I just want to stop disappointing people. 

New Year's Resolution #7: Try and tie loose ends.

See you all next year!
-Danielle






No comments:

Post a Comment