Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Last Will And Testament

I know this post is a bit overdue but I have been trying to recover from the aftermath of Caitlin's Last Will And Testament Party, which rocked, by the way. After coming home on the 24th, I got a bit sick, but I am so much better now!

I have been living in Ireland for three years. THREE YEARS. I'm halfway through my secondary school education! I know I have said this every year, but I again have learned so many things in the past year and my life has improved so much and I am just so happy. (By the way, if you want to see last year's anniversary post, click here.) Last year me and my cousin celebrated my second year anniversary by baking cake and having a Wii party by ourselves, but this year- and this is entirely coincidental (meant to be?) -I celebrated with some of my closest friends by having a party. A Last Will and Testament Party.

Now before you go messaging me kind words and/or contacting the Suicide Hotline, I am not -none of us are- going to commit suicide. We just thought it would be an interesting theme for our gathering, as it opens a lot of interesting and debatable discussions. And sure enough, by the end of the night (or by the break of dawn), we have shared talks from our opinions of the educational system to lowly gossip and rumours about people we know (shh.). We also watched a movie (500 Days Of Summer), ate fantastic food, including a cake that says "We survived the JC and all we get is cake?", played Monopoly (which was interrupted halfway through when Caitlin leaned on the gaming board and knocked all the pieces over. We had to count our money plus the value of our properties instead. Caitlin won.), and listened to my friend Orla (who has a blog, check her out here) do a reading of The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. The highlight of the night, though, and the core of our party, was our Last Will And Testaments, which we read out to the group. There were a few tears. 


Here are some pictures. Enjoy.









And last but not the least, one of my friends from this part has recently started a blog! Make sure to check her out here because she's pretty freaking awesome.


I'll talk to you guys soon!
Bye!


-Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment