Friday, August 10, 2012

Library Adventures

I am writing this from the library.

I haven't been in the library for a while now, about a year really. Nor have I been reading a lot of books. Oh a few books here and there maybe, but no constant reading pattern, like I had when I was in second year. Mostly because of the Junior Certs. Those damned exams ruined me.

(I'm writing this from my laptop now. My computer session was over. Sad face)

Anyway, I want to show you guys the books I borrowed. I had quite a hard time picking these books mostly because there were so many books I wanted to read and the maximum amount of items I could borrow was only six! I spent about half an hour going back and forth the shelves trying to decide. In the end I chose these books:


I think Meg Rosoff is a very good writer. You can never expect what she will incorporate to the plot, and I think that's brilliant. But what I love the most about her books is her writing style. I just love it. I have read her other books "What I Was" and "Just In Case," and I have been meaning to read this one but never really got around to doing it until now. I am very excited.


Okay so I think I saw this one on tumblr at some point and it had really good reviews, so I just wanted to check this out!


Last year I started this series and I loved it! It has the most horrid plot, and I don't mean that in the "I don't like this book," kind of way. I mean that in a "Wow that's really disturbing but such an eye-opener" kind of way. Again I have been wanting to read this book for a long time now but can't because of those exams. 


I gave this book as a gift for one of my bestfriends a couple years ago. I remember thinking it seemed very good so I want to read this now!


I read this amaaaaazing book by Eva Ibbotson (such a fantastic writer) when I was in first year, and it has really stuck to me ever since. Especially this quote, because of reasons:
"They were no longer afraid of being left or being lonely. For they understood that when something belongs to you, it belongs. And that is all there is to it."
Anyway, I wasn't going to take it since I've already read it, but then I saw an audio book of it in a box in the kid section, and I was still not going to take it but then I saw that it was read by David freaking Tennant. That sold me.


I've never only experienced listening to an audio book once in second year, when we read To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee in class. I listened to a bit of this audio book in the library and it was a really good experience, and not just because of David Tennant's voice either. 

Just in case you guys wanted proof...
David Tennant, though. Seriously. Have you seen him as the Tenth Doctor? And have you seen his hair? (Danielle, your fangirl is showing.)

And that's it! That is all the books I borrowed in the library. I really hope I'd enjoy them and I will keep you guys posted! :)

See you soon,
Love,
Danielle.


No comments:

Post a Comment