Saturday, August 11, 2012

Thank you for making my ten-year-old self happy.

I've always been interested in modelling. I took up ballet a few years ago and my favourite part of the run-up to a recital-apart from the actual dancing- were the dance photoshoots. I can't really explain why I loved it so much, but I did, and every year before a recital I always looked forward to it. I enjoyed both being in the pictures and helping behind the scenes. To be a model was actually one of the things I wanted to be when I was ten. But since I'm not exactly what you'd call "model material," (I'm only 5ft tall!) my hopes of being one quickly diminished.

And then, like a fairy godmother, one of my friends turned up and decided to fulfill my childhood dream. (insert tinkly fairytale music here)

Said friend is Brónagh, who blogs at glamourandgrungefashion. Working with Eleanor, who blogs on apostrophe-rules, they organised a themed fashion shoot, and they asked me to work with them! I jumped at the opportunity of course, the ten-year-old inside me jumping up and down and dancing the conga.

The fashion shoot is titled "The Reluctant Debutantes," which is, according to Eleanor, about "seven young ladies in an alternate Kilkenny, with the marriage market of a hundred years ago." You can check out their site by clicking here, and if you want to have a look at the story of The Reluctant Debutantes, here it is, in chronological order. I highly recommend not skipping the stories!

I had the most amazing time working with these people and I hope I did my character, Alice, justice. A big thank you to all the ladies I worked with, especially to Brónagh and Eleanor for making this photoshoot happen.

I hope you enjoy their story!

I'll see you guys soon,
Love,
Danielle.




No comments:

Post a Comment