Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week One of Blogging Every Week in 2013

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great New Year's Day. Mine's so far so good, although I did spend the turn of the year in my room, alone, drinking coke, and on tumblr. I mean I'm not really complaining, beats having a hangover!

So this is the beginning of blogging every week for a year. I know blogging every week is not much for a lot of you guys but I've kind of lost my, er, zen, for blogging in the past couple of years. So this year I am going to try and change that! Hopefully I succeed. Gosh.

Anyway as I've said New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful. In the Philippines the streets are the noisiest they'll ever be in the year, firecrackers litter the streets making it seem like the place is a warzone (there was even a fire on the other side of the wall of my Friend's backyard. Seriously.). And I know it's not really fair to compare the Evening in here to the Evening in the Philippines, but we didn't even light lusis this year! We had dinner with my cousins and they all went home before midnight, so I literally was alone when the clock struck 12.

I know it might not seem like a big deal but this is the first time I've been alone on the midnight of the New Year, and I don't like it. When I saw that there was a minute left in my 2012, this sick feeling crawled into my stomach, the one I used to feel a lot when I first moved in here. I drowned it with coke.

I miss Home.

But enough with the sad stuff! Today is the first day of 2013, which I'm sure is going to be the best year so far. My agenda for the week are as follows:

1. Start reading the Lord of the Rings! If I could finish Book 1 before next Tuesday, that would be great.
2. Write in my diary every single day this week. And also the next week. And the next. And the next. And the next...
3. Write an application letter for my work experience! I want to have a placement on a hospital/clinic somewhere as I'm planning to be a doctor, so I have to send in my application as early as I possibly could. I've already found a workplace for the first week, however. It's in a local bookshop! *geeks out*
4. Watch episodes 1-14 of Supernatural, if at all possible. I may have cheated a bit and saw the Pilot already. Scared the crap out of me. I don't know how I'm going to survive.

And those are my assignments for the week! Here's hoping I'd get them all done. I will talk to you all next Tuesday! (or maybe earlier, who knows.)

Love,
Danielle.

P.S. Me and my cousin Krizanne has started a fashion blog over at wildoctobers.blogspot.com. Make sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment