Friday, March 1, 2013

Getting a Job, Health, and Tough Love

I just got back from applying for work experience in another hospital. This whole thing is so stressful I never want to do this ever again, which doesn't really bode well for my future. I applied in another hospital because I called Saint Canice's earlier today and they said that they can't help me with my work experience because I didn't tell them what department I'll be in, and that's because I don't know that there are departments because nobody told me. *headdesk* Anyway that other hospital says that they'll get back to me on Monday, and I sure hope they will and that they have a place for me because I am this close into jumping out of an airplane without a parachute on. I don't even want to think of applying for jobs in ten year's time when I am out of school and is a proper adult. Ohhhh christ.

I also tried to run a mile in 11 minutes yesterday, which is four laps in track, and felt like death afterwards. I didn't even get to the fourth mile. I thought I was going to throw up (I didn't) but I actually could see the world spinning, like it did when I was a kid and would spin around really fast just to see the world spin around because I thought it was fun. It wasn't fun yesterday. I also felt, like, a physical pain in my chest area and I'm not sure if it's just a stitch or a more serious thing. It took about an hour and a half for me to get over the dizziness and the feeling sick part, and I was good for the rest of the day. But this morning, I woke up with a terrible headache and also body aches, AND some bruises on my arms and legs, so I ended up not going to school and not going to the meeting for my youth committee. 

This whole thing got me thinking that maybe I SHOULD exercise more. My school organizes not-competitive running during lunch time every Thursdays and Tuesdays, and they don't charge or anything, you just have to have your gear and you're ready to go. So I'm thinking I might join that, plus running every weekends maybe, or after school every Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. If you have been reading my blog for a bit you may or may not have noticed that I don't like sports or any kinds of activity that involves physical exertion at all, so this is going to be a bit of a challenge for me if I want to be able to run without doubling over in ten steps. It's not even because I want to be thinner or anything, it's actually for my health. 

One of my role models is Rosianna of missxrojas, just because she's very productive and seems to be motivated all the time. She also goes running, and this video is really very motivational if a person wants to take up running.


And speaking of videos, have you guys seen zefrank's Tough Love video he put up this week?


I also entered a writing competition this week! It's the Kerry National Youth Writing Competition. The deadline is today and I only sent it yesterday, but it apparently reached Kerry this morning at 8.37 (The track and trace feature of the irish postal system is pretty neat), so that's good! The prize is a thousand euros. This is me hoping. :D

AGENDA:
I did NOTHING of the agendas I set for myself last week... sorry, me.

THIS WEEK'S AGENDA:
  • Sort out work experience!
  • Go running.
  • Write LOTR book review and other blog posts.
I'll talk to you guys later!

Love,
Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment