Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil.



Happy St. Patrick's Day! I didn't get to go to the parade today (in Kilkenny or anywhere else) because I woke up at about half past twelve and figured that the streets are going to be packed by then anyway, so I just didn't bother. :) Story of my life. Anyway, as a result of that, I cannot present to you the traditional annual St. Patrick's Day Parade Post here on danielleolavario, so here are a collection of green things!

Ireland has always struck me as a very mysterious country filled with folklore, and I think that's mostly because of the amount of trees in the country. Okay here's a story, when I was younger and living in the Philippines I tried to stay away from forests or woods because I heard, read, and watched programs about the weird and creepy things that are going on inside of them. What I mean is mythological creatures like elves and dwarves and the aswang. I was still kind of afraid of them for the first couple of years I spent in Ireland, but being afraid of woods and staying in Ireland is sort of an oxymoron, so the fear was eradicated. I also read so many books about such creatures and I learned to love them, and over the years I just associated elves with woods. Especially when I read The Lord of the Rings earlier this month.

So, as you can see, this photoset is very much elven-inspired, except for a couple of things. I mean how can I create a photoset of green things without somehow referencing Slytherin in it?

I hope you are all having a lovely St. Patrick's Day, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Have fun, and be safe!

Love,
Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment