Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bits and Pieces

I miss blogging so freaking much so let me just talk my heart out in here okay

---UPDATE ON MY WONDERFUL LIFE---

First of all, the last time I blogged was when I was still in the Philippines, and now I'm not anymore! I got back on the 19th, and while I was very emotional leaving my country (seriously the plane back to Ireland was the worst, I had the most amazing time back home. I wish I was there longer!), it was nice to be back again in my own room with my own stuff in a place I have come to call my home. I was stranded at the airport for like six hours though. Oh the woes of not owning your own car.

The Philippines is still the same as when I left it, but in many ways so different as well. Over the last two or three years that I haven't gone home prices have sky rocketed so much! I couldn't believe the price tags! Which is why I didn't really do a whole lot of shopping when I was there. My stay was very pleasant though. I was reminded of the things that I forgot about the Philippines: the amount of crickets and their noise especially at night, how strong the smell of rain is (on my first day, we were driving to our house in the jeep and I swear I smelled the rain first before even seeing it. Petrichor. I just looked up the actual meaning of the word and I find it really interesting that Oxford Dictionary defines it as "a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather." I smelled petrichor in the Philippines even when it just rained the day before.), the amount of sari-sari stores and how extremely, amazingly convenient they are, and also rice. Beautiful rice and how my people sell them. Of course I also forgot how hot it gets in the day and how sticky one becomes, the amount of cockroaches and mosquitoes (I got a billion mosquito bites) and how insane the drivers are. But that was a very small price to pay for the amazing time that I did have with my family and friends that I haven't seen in such a long time.

That's a sari-sari store if you guys didn't know. This one's ours!
When I got back to Ireland my father brought me the news that my rabbit, Sandy, had passed away just that afternoon. I have talked about my pet in this blog and it's really sad because she was my first real pet. The first pet that I have developed some kind of emotional attachment to. We buried her in our backyard, where she spent the last three years running around in. It definitely feels strange not having her running around the garden whenever I look down on it from my bedroom window.


I had Sandy in my first year of being in Ireland, when I was still trying to adjust to my new life in here. And she died with me being fully adjusted, so it's all very symbolic. It's not just my rabbit either. It's also my laptop, which has been there for me through thick and thin in the last four years, and is also slowly dying. It's me going into the senior cycle of my secondary school education. It's me finally having a lock in my bedroom door and it's me using it. I talked a few posts ago about regenerations, and it definitely feels like I'm going through one right now.

In lighter news, I've spent my day watching Made in Chelsea and painting my nails. I love Made in Chelsea. I used to watch it all the time with my cousin a couple of years ago but I have kind of stopped following it, so now I'm starting again from season one. I forgot how jealous I am of their lifestyle. I can't get past Season One though, mostly because I'm rooting for Caggie and Spencer and it seems that they would never happen.

I've also been watching a lot of Project Runway recently! I finished season ten in one day (yesterday) and can we just talk about Christopher Palu for a minute because I love him and he is so cute and I love his designs (except for the one he did in the HP challenge, wasn't that big of a fan of that one). Reality TV in general is kind of in my zone right now because when I was in the Philippines, I watched a lot from this channel called "etc" and most of their shows are reality shows, and I love them actually! I'm gonna catch up on Project Hunters soon.

Please excuse the crappy webcam photo, I STILL DON'T HAVE A PROPER CAMERA! It feels good to have
a camera again though, even if it's not ideal. Anyway those are my nails! I know it's kinda hard to see it except
for the pinky but they are this light pink colour and with my skin tone it looks kinda caramel-y I think and I like it!
But watching TV isn't all I've done for the past week or so that I've been here, I've also been reading books and blogs. I've been reading a lot of Rookie lately, which is this online magazine if you don't know what it is. It's absolutely incredible and I love it. As with books, well I kind of have some things to confess about because I've kind of did a lot of bad things lately. First of all I was 3 months overdue with the books that I borrowed from the library that, uh, I didn't even read. And second of all, I was reading Game of Thrones by George RR Martin when I was in the Philippines aaaaand I left it there, and I'm still not finished. Oh Danielle.

However, I did sort out my library account and I took out a few books! (and a DVD)




I am so excited! I'm only in the first thirty or so pages of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'm super loving it. I'm a huge huge huge fan of Douglas Adams' writing style!

So yeah, that's about all the news that I have for you guys. It feels so good to blog again. As you know I've been in kind of a rut with blogging recently but writing this post was actually pretty smooth. I will talk to you guys real soon! Hopefully.

Love,
Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment