Sunday, August 4, 2013

Imagining The Future Is A Kind Of Nostalgia

So if you guys have been reading my blog for a while, you'd know that I like planning. I like envisioning an event down to the very last detail. I've been doing this ever since I was a young girl. I remember the first real "planning" that I had in my head was the "perfect Christmas" (In a large hall with brown walls and fake wood linoleum, the yellow lights low, dark green christmas garlands decorated with large christmas balls lining the low ceiling , and every adult wearing 90s-style suits, while every children are wearing dresses/tux). I must've been about 6 or 7 at the time. Of course that "perfect" christmas that I had in mind is yet to become a reality (I'm not giving up) but that's where my envisioning of things rooted from. I grew up and I then learned about new year's resolutions which is just a huge planning spree for me. Although it's very rare that they actually happen (I mean, just check my new year's resolutions from 7 months ago), the planning is always so much fun. The event I'm thinking of always comes out perfect, even though it's not actually, you know, real.

Kate suggested yesterday that for day four of BEDA, we talk about our ideal summer. This should be interesting for me because summer is my least favourite season so I don't really envision a lot of things for it, not as much as I daydream about winter, which is my favourite. But let's see.

My ideal summer would include:
  • My Friend in town
  • Lots of blue skies and a few wisps of white clouds
  • Not too hot, about 25C-27C maybe?
  • Lots of crop tops and maxi dresses and ROMPERS. Also short dresses.
  • Huge summer hats
  • Ice cream
  • Going out and doing things! Instead of wasting my summer away inside my room on tumblr. I mean that too is fun, but I can do that in the winter.
  • Places to go to would include: the beach, lots and lots of museums, botanical gardens, the park, 
  • Cool summer nights, you know the kind where you'll have to layer a cardigan of some sort over your romper to avoid freezing your ass off
  • Camping! Preferably on the beach.
  • Bonfire while frying marshmallows! Preferably on the beach.
  • Swimming! Whether on the beach or a water adventure park sort of place.
  • ROADTRIP!!! ROADTRIP ROADTRIP ROADTRIP!!! ONE THAT LASTS LIKE A WEEK!
  • Music festivals yes yes yes
  • Conventions!!!! Vidcon, Leakycon, Comiccon yes lots of those
  • Theme parks at dusk
  • Warm rain and dancing under it
  • Thunderstorms and really round rain in the afternoon and being inside the house wrapped up in a cardigan sitting in a couch and drinking tea
  • Smoothies and Milkshakes
  • Money to do all these things
-Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment