Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lives I Like To Look At

I know I haven't been writing for the past couple of days. I don't have any good reason for that but I doubt anyone here missed me anyway. That is if anyone is actually here. Does anyone read this thing? Hello??? Anyone?

Ugh I'm in such a bad mood right now. Family can drive you so crazy. It's gotten so bad around here that I try not to come out unless I really have to. Like, to eat, or something. I realise that doesn't help the problem, but I really don't want to talk to anyone here right now.

Anyway. I'm sorry about that little rant. Onto the actual blog post! I have been talking to Kate and we have decided that today would be a themed day, the theme being childhood. But I don't really want to talk about my childhood right now on account of how awful I'm feeling, so let's talk about one of the things that make me really happy: blogs.

I follow a lot of people's blogs and many of them are personal blogs because I love looking into another person's life a little bit. Quoting Paper Towns, "“It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined.” Blogging sort of makes me remember that again. Although I know that I'm still misimagining the kind of person that they are because I'm thinking of them the way that they would like to be thought of, It does make me remember that I'm not the only one going through bad times and good times and feeling disappointments and regrets and excitement and boredom and happiness. There are so many people just like me, feeling like this, so even though I do feel like I'm alone inside my room feeling like nobody understands me, the truth is so many people actually do. So. I would like to share to you guys some of the blogs that I love reading.

Goodnight, Little Spoon
The first one is Bianca, a.k.a the cutest person in all of the internet. She shares little snippets of her life, sometimes DIYs, the things she has thrifted, and also outfit posts. I'm just completely in love with her style, she always looks so adorable. I also love her "Little Joys" series which she posts every month, I think. Here she rights all the little things that has made her happy each month. Lately, she has been posting a lot about her son, Theodore, who she just gave birth to. Guys, I'm telling you, just check out her blog. You'll drown of adorable and cute and all the lovely things.

The Road Is Home
This one is a family blog by Nirrimi, Matt, and their daughter Alba. Here Nirrimi writes about the adventures of their family, posts pictures of the places they went to, Alba's little antics, and their life. It's incredibly personal and Nirrimi's writing style is very sweet and touching and you could so easily just get lost in it. They're photographers so the pictures they take are breathtaking too.

Joseph Birdsong
He's incredible in vlog form, and he's amazing in blog form. In his blog he writes just about everything in such a wonderful way that I can't really describe, but it's just like you're having coffee with a friend and they're talking to you about their life. I love it.

Paris in Four Months
Paris in Four Months is a blog hosted by Carin, who loves and lives in Paris. She's got such amazing photography skills! Maybe it's just me still being hung up on Rome and Paris looking remarkably similar to Rome apart from a few differences, but I love looking at the pictures she puts up of the streets of Paris, the food, the flowers, the view, the sunset, everything. I can't help but feel a lot of wanderlust while looking through her pictures.

A Hitcher's Goof Hunt
Am I biased? Maybe. But I do genuinely like reading my friend Kate's blog. We're trying to blog a lot in August this year and I just love the quality of the posts she puts up. She just started this blog site this month, she was formerly blogging on tumblr. A lot of her posts are very thought provoking, be it about fashion, or regrets, or the way we set goals for ourselves. I do strongly recommend anybody at all to check out her blog.

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment