Sunday, August 25, 2013

New School Year's Resolutions

I go back to school on Tuesday (!!!) and I'm having pretty mixed emotions about it. On the one hand, I'm kind of glad that I'm not spending all day every day cooped up inside the house anymore, because I've been feeling very suffocated in here. I mean I love my family and all, but, I don't think living together is for us anymore. I've grown up quite a lot over the past couple of years and I'm beginning to think that this is no longer the place for me. Anyway, on the other hand, homework and stress and lots of other growing up stuff that I'm not too thrilled about. I'm on the senior cycle now and I kind of have to get serious about studying if I want to achieve the kind of life that I want for myself. So I'm going to talk to you guys about my new school year's resolutions, which I may or may not succeed on, but it's worth the try.

First, I really want to start asking more questions in class. I'm kind of always reluctant to ask questions in class because I really don't want to draw attention in myself any more than I probably already am. But this year I'm really going to try and raise my hand if I don't understand anything or if something doesn't seem right to me. I really do think that it's a very important thing to do so even though it would take a lot for me to raise my hand and have the entire class look at me while I talk, I'm going to have to do it.

Secondly, do weekend homework on Fridays. I'm doing in-school study this year so I probably would do the bulk of my work on that two-hour period, but sometimes when there's a particularly huge amount of work to do, I would have a lot of leftover work, that I end up doing on the Sunday night before school because I spent all weekend procrastinating and telling myself that it's not procrastination but a "reward" for myself for working all week. No. Homework's on Friday night and that's it.

Third is to not leave non-written homework for later just because they're non-written homework. I tend to do all the written stuff first (usually in the two-hour in-school study period) and then do the non-written work at home, which of course usually ends up not getting done. This year I'd try to do my work so that I'm alternating between written work and non-written work. Easier said than done, but as I said, I have to take this year seriously.

Fourth is to spend a maximum of one hour online everyday, which is for reading rookie, watching a few videos, visiting tumblr (30 minutes MAX), and writing a blog entry, if I have something to write about. It's a full blown party all through Saturday and Sunday of course, because I trust that I already have all the work that I needed to do on the Friday.

And fifth, is to try my hardest. It doesn't even have to be perfect, it really doesn't. But when I get my results in 2015 I have to know that whatever points I get were the highest possible points that I could have gotten, based on my abilities. I want to get my results and be happy with whatever I got. Really future Danielle, that is all I ask of you.

That's all for my resolutions this school year. I know that it's going to be hard because me and any kind of planning are not really the best of friends, but I really need to try my hardest. It's not going to be fun but it's going to be rewarding.

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment