Friday, August 30, 2013

The World of Youtube

Maybe I have talked about this before, maybe I haven't, but this post is going to be all about my favorite youtubers. If you have been reading my blog for long enough you may know that watching vloggers on youtube is one of my favorite pastimes (although admittedly I haven't been watching a lot of youtube lately due to overwhelming stress and school work). I won't talk about the vlogbrothers or missxrojas again because you're probably tired of hearing about them already, so let me introduce you to other vloggers that I also love.

Clothesencounters. Jenn Im is the only fashion vlogger that I'm subscribed to, and the reason for that is because of her style. I can totally identify with it and I admire how she wears them only for herself and no matter how eccentric a piece of clothing is, she doesn't let the thoughts of other people to stop her from wearing what she loves. Also, her videos are usually on point, not very long or very waffle-y, and is edited really well. She's very well-versed too which comes in handy when describing clothes or outfits. She's totally one of my fashion icons.

Marinashutup. Marina. How would you even begin to describe the wonderful creature that is Marina. She has a really dry sense of humour in her videos and I absolutely adore it. She reminds me a lot of Daria that way, which is incidentally one of my favourite shows of all time. She talks a lot about her shenanigans in community college and it is actually incredibly entertaining, so if you're looking for a female vlogger on Youtube, let me point you to her direction. You'll love her.

Tyrannosauruslexxx. Lex Croucher is one of the earliest female vloggers that I subscribed to. I think my friend Kate has said already what I would say about her but she's really inspirational for me too. She has an amazing, angelic voice, and her videos are often funny while also being very thought-provoking.

Looking back now on what I just wrote, I realise that all of these vloggers are so far female! It reminds me of Rosianna's I Love Ladies Tag, which I will probably do next week! Anyway. Moving on. More vloggers!

Dailygrace. The question is who doesn't watch her. She makes videos almost daily I think and is one of the funniest people that I know on the internet. She has humour similar to Marina but Marina's is a lot more drier in my opinion. Grace Helbig's humour is a lor more... moist. Wrong word usage I think. I'm just going to leave it at that. I'm just. Yeah.

Emilieofnewgloom. I first discovered Emilie during a Project for Awesome where she made the most artistic, beautiful, and touching Project For Awesome video I had ever seen. She has recently finished writing and directing her first movie, The Water's Fine, and last month (July) She made a series of videos called Letters of July which were incredibly personal and heartfelt. Watching her videos feels like reading a book that speaks to you in a way that no other book can.

Oldhotradio. Also known as Ophelia Dagger. She is so freaking cool, and funny, and smart. I feel like I'm talking to a close friend of mine when I watch her videos (of course that could also be the creepy "we're going to be best friends" whispered as an opening to her video). She also has a film channel where she reviews and talks about different films because she was a film students and that's also very interesting.

I think that's enough for today. I didn't know I was actually subscribed to a lot of female youtubers! But here they are, in all their amazing and fantastic glory. Click the links if you have time, you won't regret it.

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment