Tuesday, August 20, 2013

This Is The Most Dangerous Thing I've Ever Done

Guess who just cut her own hair.

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I did it mostly for the Children with Hair Loss organization as part of the #hairforhazel campaign that is going on right now, but also because I wanted to. 

I've never cut my own hair before. It is something that I've always been afraid to do for fear of ridicule, what I'll look like with my hair short and not cut by a proper hairdresser, etc., which is completely stupid because it's hair. It will grow back the same as when you got rid of it. So why was I so scared to let it go?

So yeah. I finally did it. I totally love the way it looks like right now. I feel a bit like Knives Chau, and I've been dancing around my room with Dog Party songs playing in my head. I feel good, you know? I know it's just hair but this is a huge deal for me because I finally did something that I've always felt afraid to do.

This reminds me of that verse in Letter to my 16 Year Old Self by Watsky: 
Future you is just past you with new molecules
We shoot the old ones out follicles
And hair is dead cells, so our faults get shed well
Meaning our parts that are hard to adore
Get mopped up on the barber shop floor
I'm going around to the post office probably tomorrow to mail off my hair to the Children for Hair Loss organization.

I hope you all are having as good a day as I am.

-Danielle.

Theme song of the day: Fire and Ice by Dog Party

No comments:

Post a Comment