Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This One Doesn't Have A Theme

I'm not in the mood to write a BEDA post today.

But you know what? I'm going to do it anyway! Because it's only day six and I can't give up!

I spent most of today feeling sick. I didn't get to go to sleep last night because that's just the kind of person that I am, so by seven am I decided to call it and get out of bed, since I'm not going to get any rest from it anyway. About 20 minutes after I got up I felt the most excruciating pain in my lower abdomen area, and I cried like a baby and crawled to my mother and she made me feel better in the magical way that only mothers can do. I'm okay now I think, I just hope the pain doesn't come back again.

You know what you shouldn't do when you feel ill? Don't go on google and type whatever symptoms you are feeling, because no matter what it is they will have only one answer for you, and that is: you're going to die. And it will make you panic and worry about the problem that your body probably doesn't even have. I mean as much as I have issues about life and as much as I say "please just kill me" when I'm in situations that are even slightly discomforting for me, I don't actually want to leave life yet. Shocking, I know. But I just feel like I have so many things that I want to do and places that I want to go to and food that I want to eat that it would be so tragic if I left now, when I haven't even experienced even a quarter of the things I want to experience yet. So yeah. This is me appreciating life and its many wonders and me saying that no, universe, you can't take me out yet. Please don't make me go through the pain I went through this morning again.

After I kinda got over the whole pain thing, I had a nap for like two hours and woke up again. I haven't had proper sleep since like 2 pm yesterday. Maybe this is why I'm having these pains. Maybe I have to take care of myself more. Maybe I should drink more water and exercise and go to bed early so I could get up early. Maybe I should eat more fruits instead of popcorn as a snack. Maybe I'll try and do these things starting now.

I'm thinking of getting myself checked, because I am worried about myself. I just want to know what's up.

Anyway. Moving on.

I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy this afternoon since I've finished the second of the first two books a couple of nights ago. It's, like, everything I've expected and some more. I know there's a lot of differences from the book (I don't actually know, I've only read the first two books because the movie is called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.), but man, the cinematography of the movie and the way the story was told was absolutely incredible for me! Also. Zooey Deschanel??? NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS. I loved her and Martin Freeman and I totally shipped them until the very end. Also Marvin is a bucket of depressing adorableness and I just found out that he was voiced by Alan Rickman. I mean it's like all of my favourite actors in one film.

The one thing that I didn't end up liking in the movie was how they cut a lot of the story of Zaphod, because yes at first he is a total jerk especially to Arthur but by The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, he grows on you, you know? You end up finding out another dimension to him, and he's not just an arrogant son of a witch anymore. They cut a lot of that in the movie and Zaphod ended up being portrayed as just a raving lunatic.

I did like that the tone of the movie is more hopeful too. Arthur Dent totally steps up and even becomes some sort of a leader in the film. I don't know if the same thing happened to the books though. Also planet Earth gets restored to its former glory (?), which I preferred a lot more than the ending of the second book. Because this is my home. I'm not sure if that happens later on in the book series though... I know, I know, I need to finish the series first before making comparisons. I'll let you guys know.

Okay I think that's quite enough babbling for me. I'll talk to you guys later,
Love,
-Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment