Sunday, October 27, 2013

Developments

I. Am. Terrible at keeping anything up, including this blog. We all know that by now. I knoooow I said I was going to blog at least every week, but Fifth Year, man. Also procrastination. You see the thing is I'm so tired during the week that I just want to not do anything when the weekend rolls around. But anyway, you don't want to hear my excuses. I am here to let you in on the latest developments in my life. There's quite a few and most of them revolve around the fact that I have recently turned seventeen.

I was in Study (my school does supervised study) after school on the day of my birthday, and I was doing my homework. But my mind was some place else. I was reflecting on the things that I have done/accomplished during the past year. There were quite a few Firsts, and so many memories were made that I think will stick with me for many many many years, and a lot would probably make it to the Things To Tell My Grandchildren list. I never thought about it before but my 16th year was definitely the most important year of my life so far. And I started getting really anxious. One, because it was such a good year, man. And I feel sad that I'm leaving it behind now. And whenever I feel sad, I feel anxious. And two, well, it's because that this was it. This was what I was talking about in this post. I feel like I'm actually living it. I mean granted, I never did the more reckless things and all of those stereotypical teenage stuff, and I wouldn't have imagined anything turning out this way but. But. I made memories. I made friends with sooooo many new people (transition year really helped with that) and wow, you guys. I feel like I've grown as a person. I'm not saying I'm a better person, because I don't know if I am, but I lived new experiences, and I think that's what is the most important to me. I was scared of not making my teenage years count and now I'm not anymore. So that's why I felt anxious. Because I felt like I was changing, and moving on to new things.

After going home and thinking about it for a little while, I realised that this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Already I'm starting to make new experiences again and it's just my third day on this new age. I mean, I just threw the first birthday party (it was more of a gathering, really) with more than 5 people including me in it. It was fantastic. Me and my friends had a lot of fun and it was 80s themed so everyone was dressed in crazy outfits and that's another experience that I will never forget. I mean I don't even know what I'm blathering about right now. I guess I'm just saying that I like this. I didn't at first, but I do now. I'm currently happy with life. And I'm loving being a teenager. And it's great. I don't know. I'm just saying that I appreciate life right now, that's all. Even with all its inconveniences that sometimes just drive me up the wall (I'm not the most patient/understanding person) and even with all it's uncertainties. I like it.

I'm looking forward to the next year and whatever it will bring. Right now, I am happy.

Love,
Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment