Monday, March 31, 2014

March Obsessions

TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY??? WHAT IN THE NAME OF JAY!?!?

Yeah, sorry. Procrastination is a hard addiction to beat, so when I'm in the mood for writing posts, I just do it ALL AT ONCE. Also I want to get a total of four entries for March, so lucky you gets two crappy posts from me!

Girls. The HBO TV show! I am obsessed. I marathoned the whole three seasons in two weeks! Girls had something that no other TV show has really offered me before, which is realness. The characters are ridiculously relatable for me, even though I actually dislike all of them. Yes, all of the characters on this show annoy me. And I've been thinking about it and I think it's because for me, they portray some parts of myself that are hard to look at. It may be an exagerrated version of who I am, it may be a caricature of my personality, but it is still some part of me. And it's simultaneously addicting and incredibly painful to watch. The characters are all going through the same stuff that I am going through and trying to understand right now. You know, dissatisfaction with life, the feeling of not being proactive enough, work and school related suffocation, even the feeling of being shitty when you don't quite know why. Girls manages to capture nearly exactly how it feels to be imprisoned in your own life. At least that's what I get from it. Also it's so pretty. Creative direction and cinematography is A plus. I would recommend this to absolutely anyone at all who wants to watch a new TV show, but mostly maybe to people who are trying and struggling to find their own voice.

Glamour. The idea of a fabulous, stress-free life, where one has a tidy room and an organized schedule of things, which one follows. I've been so into fabulous lifestyle books recently, and I think it may be because I need a breather from my own chaotic life. I don't feel like I have control over things for reasons that are completely all my fault, especially with school. Academia has been crazy lately. But anyway, right now, the idea of glamour is one of the things that are helping me to try and keep my life, and myself, together, and to make an effort to be more organized in school and in life in general. Also, pretty things are always a good thing in my book. If you're into this I recommend The Goddess Experience by Gisele Scanlon, Lauren Conrad's books, I Want To Be Her by Andrea Linett (I borrowed all of these books from my friend Brónagh, who I think is actually the most glamourous person I know in real life.), also Clothes, Cameras, and Coffee, and Style.com to keep up with all those parties you can't attend.

My mom. Yesterday was Mother's Day, and we ate out in an Italian restaurant being all fancy. I don't think I say it enough, especially not in this blog, so here it is. I love my mother very much, and I appreciate and care for her.

-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment