Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Friend Paddy

It has become a little bit of a tradition in this blog for me to record St. Patrick's Day events, and usually, I would just put up the pictures I took from the parade. But this year is a little bit different, because for the first time in the five years that I've been living in Kilkenny, I took part in the parade myself! The Filipinos took Santacruzan as the theme, and I have to say it was very surreal to do in Kilkenny what I am so accustomed to do back home. I took part in many Santacruzan parades when I was younger and I always absolutely loved it but moving to Ireland meant that that tradition has to end. The revival of it last weekend was absolutely incredible though! Here are some pictures.








And because as I've said, I wasn't in the parade myself, I didn't take pictures of anything else. Here is the aftermath though:


There you go! I hope everyone else had an awesome St. Patrick's Day like I did. And I will see you guys later!

-Danielle.

d i s c l a i m e r: The photo marked Pinhole Productions is a property of Pinhole Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment