Monday, March 31, 2014

Stupid Stupid

I have done many a foolish thing in my lifetime, but I don't think anything surpasses that one time, which happened quite recently, in fact only two months ago, when I've had to sell some of my books in order to pay a huge phone bill. Seriously.

I like collecting books. Since childhood I've loved the look of a pile of books sitting in a shelf, or on the floor, or on a desk. I buy books in charity shops if I thought they looked interesting, even when I didn't necessarily have a need to read the book. As a result I have grown quite a collection of books with the majority of it unread, which is actually pretty embarrassing for me to admit. That being said though, lot of the books I sold had a lot of personal memories attached to them, so parting ways with some of my beloved was not an easy thing for me to do. I sold all but one of my John Green books (broke. my. heart.), and some of the other ones I sold are shown below as well.










So hello future self, this is a reminder for you to stOP DOING STUPID THINGS THAT INVOLVE MONEY. IT'S NOT WISE AND JUST ENDS UP WITH YOU SELLING YOUR MATERIAL POSSESSIONS. SAY NO TO UNLIMITED LIABILITY.

Also, this is a thank-you and appreciation post to all of my friends without whom I couldn't have made it through this difficult, difficult time. I can't imagine what would've happened to me without you to support my irresponsible lifestyle. Thank you.

Also for those who are curious: 


-Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment