Monday, June 2, 2014

The Burning Cathedral of Summer

It's finally here! Summer! The title of this post is taken from the beauuuutiful quote from Violette Leduc's Mad in Pursuit:
I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer. My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music. It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips. 
So first of all, I wanted to say I'm sorry for the neglect this blog has suffered over the last few weeks! The end of year exams, plus other various things that I may or may not talk about over the course of this blog post, made life a little too crazy for me to post on this blog. Now that we're on summer holidays though, hopefully I can post more regularly in here!

A quick update of what happened during the past couple of weeks: I finished the summer exams, still alive thank you very much. Chemistry and Maths went dreadful, but other than that everything else was tolerable. I also got a job, which should help me get a ticket to go back to the Philippines this year! I'm excited!

So far this summer (like four days), I've been doing really good in terms of not being cooped up inside my house in front of the computer. Exams ended on the 29th of May, and on Saturday I went to town with my cousin, Sunday there was a party held in my house and then me and my cousins went for a walk around my estate, at nearly midnight, and it was a lot of fun, and then today, we went to the beach! Over the last couple of days the weather has been AMAZIIIING. Hopefully it will stay like this all through the summer!













It's been great so far, even though it's only been four days! Hopefully the rest of the summer will be like this. I'll talk to you guys later!

Love,
Danielle

2 comments: