Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Reflections on the Leaving Cert and Other Things

Summer is finally officially here! The Leaving Cert have wrapped up about two weeks ago and after that I was terribly busy helping my cousin with her 18th birthday! If you are a Filipino then you know how big a deal 18th birthdays are, or debuts, as we call them (you can see mine here.) Right after the Leaving Cert I jumped right into helping her with the cotillion (formal dance), which is actually quite a lot to undertake. But the people involved were very cooperative and made the whole thing an overall positive experience! I was also involved in photoshoots for the birthday. The theme of the party was Hawaiian Luau. Here are some pictures!







Aside from the debut, I was also preoccupied with finalising my CAO application form (closes tomorrow) and applying for my SUSI Grant. To be perfectly honest, the Leaving Cert exams affected me more than I thought it did while I was going through it. No joke, nearly every night after the exams finished, I have been dreaming of things Leaving Cert related. Things like being late for an exam, or sleeping during the exam, or having to do the Chemistry and Maths papers at the same time (nightmare). I think the exams went worse than I thought they were going to go. I am not at all confident that I will get the points I need to do the course that I want to do (General Science, and then Neuroscience. I've given up on Medicine upon receiving my HPAT score and realising that I don't have enough points to get in.) Waiting for the results of the exams is a very difficult time for me. It's having to deal with the anxiety and the stress and the feeling of probably disappointing half the people I know, including myself, that keeps me very on edge these days. I still have about six weeks to go before I receive my results, and I cannot shake anxiety feelings at all, and will probably have to deal with these feelings until I get my results.

That's what I have been up to lately. If you want me to do a more in-depth post on the Leaving Cert and my experience of it before, during, and after, please let me know. Same goes with applying for grants and finalising my CAO application form. I think talking about these things will help me feel better about them.

Love,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment